Thursday, October 22, 2009

GROU.PS

I don't want to be negative but I am confused by the application. I have managed to set up a page and begin a talk page. I even manged to talk to myself. Since then Rosanne, Hilary and Rosceli have posted comments or been in touch and I cannot work out how to communicate back on the talk page. I just seem to be going round in circles.


Negatives:
I didn't like having to put my birthdate in to join.
It is not intuitive for replying to posts, unless I have missed the vital button. I think I expected it to be as intuitive as facebook or blogger.
I guess I am used to applications that do not require the skills of HTML editing.

Positives:
The application was intuitive in linking to facebook so I didn't have to load my picture.
clear tabs to the wiki and course blog.
Easy to link to the blog but I wouldn't have know if Leigh hadn't prompted us.
As Leigh says this is fresh and new so we can develop it as we see fit.

3 comments:

  1. I have never been a great one for forums such as this one. I loose track of what's going on. How do you think it compares to an email discussion group or even a Facebook forum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about talking to yourself; I sometimes catch myself talking to the computer (residual problem from using Via voice in the past)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debra,
    I felt guily for soon giving up on Grou.ps, as I was also unable to work out how to communicate...I feel better now I know I was not the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of photographs